Eighteen minutes. I timed it. This “to die for” tortellini soup takes eighteen minutes from pot to mouth. Next time you go to the store, buy some frozen tortellini. An eighteen to twenty ounce bag will make a double batch, then the next time you’re in a pinch for dinner…..you won’t be in a pinch for dinner.
I got this recipe from my friend Linda at work. Originally it was taken from a Slice of Paradise compiled by the Junior League of Palm Beaches.
- 1 Tb butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic ( I buy the pre- minced in a jar so it’s a snap)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans clear chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) pkg. cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce )can stewed tomatoes ( I blend mine in the blender coursly with the spinach so there is texture but it’s kid friendly)
- 1/2 bunch spinach, stemmed
- 3 tsp. fresh basil or one tsp. dried basil
Melt butter in large saucepan and saute’ garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in broth and tortellini. Bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and spinach and basil to the soup. Simmer 10 minutes more and serve with grated parmesan cheese on top.