Look closely at this picture. Is this cookie literally winking at me? Yep, and it tuns out I am quite smitten as well…Now get inside my belly! This chocolate chip cookie may be the best we have ever come across. We make every recipe before we put it on our blog, so obviously we MUST eat everything too. It’s tough on us, but we live to serve. Try it. It’s a classic.
We got the recipe from Mom’s Who Think.
2 cups + 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature*
1 Tablespoon milk
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips**
*Melt the butter if you prefer chewier textured cookies. (We melted the butter for our cookies)
**Increase chips to 2 cups (12 ounces) if you like a lot of chips in each cookie (this will also increase the overall sweetness of the cookies)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda, set aside.
3. Using a mixer; cream together the butter, milk, brown sugar, and white sugar until thoroughly blended.
4. Add in the egg, the egg yolk, and vanilla and mix until well blended and smooth (about 1 minute).
5. Slowly blend in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
6. Add the chocolate chips, and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter (about 30 seconds).
7. Drop by rounded 2 Tablespoons (use a cookie scoop or combine 2 Tablespoons of dough into a rounded drop) onto the prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Repeat until all dough is used.
8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies should have golden brown edges and soft centers.
9. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.